The first Alberto Lysy International Violin Competition was created with the intention of promoting young violinists from all over the world, as well as cherishing the great violinist Alberto Lysy and his legacy.
A jury of internationally renowned musicians will grant the winner with a four-year loan of a fine violin made by Jean-Baptiste Vuillaume.
- Pinēiro Nagy ‐ Director of the International Music Festival of Estoril
- Adelina Oprean ‐ Violin professor at the Music Academy Basel
- Igor Keller ‐ Concertmaster of the St Gallen Symphony Orchestra
- Silvia Simionescu ‐ Viola professor at the Music Academy Basel, member of Gringolts Quartet
- Pablo de Naveran ‐ Head cello professor at the International Menuhin Academy
- The Alberto Lysy International Violin Competition, organised by the Association Rencontres Musicales - Camerata Lysy de Château-d'Oex (Switzerland), is open to violinists of all nationalities born after September 9th 1992, and will take place in Gstaad (Switzerland) from Friday 25th to Sunday 27th September 2020.
- The candidate who wins 1st prize will receive a violin by Jean-Baptiste Vuillaume on loan for 4 years. The terms and conditions of the loan will be covered and explained the day after the prize award.
- All candidates must attend the opening ceremony which will be held in Gstaad on Thursday 24th September at 7pm. The running order for the candidates will be decided by drawing lots during the above ceremony.
- The competition consists of a shortlist drawn up on the basis of the candidate application and a video recording, 2 qualifying rounds and a final. The total number of candidates is limited to 20. All the performances will be public.
- Candidates must send in their registration form and programme by midnight on July 15th 2020. In exceptional circumstances, changes to the works to be played from 25th September may be made up to 15th August 2020 at the latest. No changes may be made to the programme beyond this date.
- The registration form should be accompanied by a video recording in the form of a link to a recording uploaded on to www.youtube.com (private or public video). It must be a live recording, unedited apart from the possible transition between pieces, of good audio and video quality and in which the candidate's presence can be easily seen (ideally at a distance of 5 to 10 metres). The works played in the recording will be a chosen caprice by Niccolò Paganini and two contrasting movements of one of the Bach Solo Sonatas or Partitas. The candidate must indicate the location and date of the recording.
- Candidates may be accompanied by their own personal pianist as long as they cover the related costs. Concerning the accompaniment offered by the Competition organisers, each candidate is allocated a rehearsal with his/her designated accompanist.
- The performances will be from memory, apart from the works of Schubert and Beethoven in the second qualifying round. Each work may only be played once.
- The competition's qualifying rounds and the final concert may be photographed and recorded partially or in their entirety and circulated live or pre-recorded via the media chosen by the organiser (internet, radio, television, written press, etc.) without any form of financial compensation for the candidate.
- The jury's decisions are final. The jury is not bound to award the prize. The jury reserves the right to terminate a candidate's performance if it considers it necessary.
- A registration fee of 150 CHF (excluding bank charges and non-refundable) must be paid on registration. The bank transfer must be identified in the competitor's name and sent to the following account:
Beneficiary: Association Rencontres Musicales Camerata Lysy
Domiciliation: Association Rencontres Musicales Camerata Lysy, 1660 Château-d'Oex
IBAN: CH70 0076 7000 A544 7401 0
- Candidates must register online on www.albertolysy.org and
send the following documents by e-mail before 15th July 2020 to email@example.com:
- The registration form, duly filled in and signed.
- A curriculum vitae.
- A link to a high-quality, unedited video recording cf. point 6 of the rules.
- The chosen repertoire duly underlined.
- A recent photo.
- A copy of valid proof of identity.
- Proof that the registration fee has been transferred.
- Applications will be examined by the Competition's artistic committee. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Registration will not be effective until they are confirmed by the Competition organisers on 20th August 2020.
- The organiser reserves the right to amend and supplement these rules without prior notice.
- By signing the registration form, the candidate demonstrates his/her acceptance of all the terms and conditions of the rules.